Saturday, October 8, 2011

Zonta District 9 conference

Aloha ladies,
We are in the second day of the conference. The theme is connecting members to the heart of Zonta. This is with service, advocacy, and friendship.
Thursday night started with a great networking reception and the ladies are at the heart of Zonta. There are about 100 members here and the aloha really warms my heart. There are ice of us here from the different Zonta clubs on the islands and getting to know my sisters has been lots of fun!
I have shared some of the Mac nuts and orchids and continue to share the aloha throughout the weekend. The ladies love them and I have posted a few pictures on our facebook page. We intend to save some of the orchids for the memorial service on Sunday morning. I have shared with the hotel staff who also have made this event wonderful. You, us, we, are making people smile lots. Thanks!
I will continue to post pictures on the Facebook site and have blogs about the going on over the weekend. Again thank you for sending me as your delegate and Karen as our alternate. We are roomies and she has been a wonderful Zonta Godmother to me!